Thursday, February 21, 2013

What would you do if …


You have to choose between saving your only sister or saving your own future?
·        You have to choose between your sick daughter or your “designer baby” daughter, which the purpose she is born into this world is to save her sick sister?
·        You have to make a correct decision for a child who stood up against her parents in a court?

But, what if your sister asks you not to save her?

What would you do?
Absolutely, what we want to do is to please the sick and follow whatever he or she wanted us to do. But, what if deep down our heart, we don’t want to lose him or her.
My sister's keeper by Jodi Picoult portrays how siblinghood, parenthood, love and rationality affect ones decision.



P/s: The ending of this story will make you weep. I have to look for my tissue to wipe off my tears. One of the best!
Actually I didn't expect myself to be too attached to this novel.

I picked this novel because I wanted to try on Jodi Picoult's writing. Before this, I kept on saying that I don't like her novels because it looked so difficult to understand. But, this novel proved that I was wrong. She is one of the best authors. Throughout the CNY holiday, I didn't stop reading. I just couldn't because I wanted to know what happen next. For the coming book voucher, I am so gonna grab her novels.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment